Friday, February 12, 2010

So maybe she's not all naughty

I was beginning to worry if something was wrong. At storytime yesterday Nina stayed next to me the entire time. She didn't run ahead into the children's room. She didn't tell me I'm mean and dumb for not letting her play on the computer. She didn't push any kids out of the way so she could be first in line. She didn't argue with me about how many Angelina Ballerina books she could check out. She didn't run outside the library while I was checking out. She told the librarian thank you. She waited until we got to the car to open her sucker. She even said "okay mom" once or twice. Well as I thought about it, I began to wonder, maybe she's not always naughty. Or maybe she's turning over a new leaf. Maybe she will be the world's best teenager.



And for the record, I haven't heard one complaint from the librarians in the whole year that she's been going to storytime. Nor have I received a complaint from her primary teacher. In fact, they all say she's great. Like I said, maybe she'll morph into the pleasantest of all children! I wouldn't read too much into this mom, I think that for next month you should still prepare for the worst!

No comments: